Wednesday, January 28, 2009

SRK says it's Ghar Ki Baat!

Shah Rukh Khan launched his first sitcom, Ghar Ki Baat Hai, last evening. Set for the weekend, the show stars Juhi Babbar, and Sumeet Raghavan. But it was surely Shah Rukh who stole the show with his answers.



"Samir(Nair) and I have worked together and they have given me chance to work with them again. Aziz (Mirza, creative head of the show) is like a father figure for us and it was he who convinced me to stay back in Mumbai during my initial days also. We want to walk a different path in this industry and give something innovative. Now we only hope that the audience will love it," said King Khan.



"I have learnt lots of things from Aziz; his experience will surely help us. On the other hand Samir is the person who got me back on television with KBC. I did my first film with Anant (Mahadevan – director of the show). He is a marvelous person to work with, adds Khan with a smile, "All in all I have got a good team which had good ideas with them to put in this show."

Is this show is inspired from famous comedy show Yeh Joh Hai Zindagi?

"If you look at the international format of sitcom shows, they all have a similar base like Friends, Three's Company and others. These all are great shows. Fortunately we still have original people like Aziz and Kundan Shah (Director of Yeh Joh...) with us to help. So the thought behind it is same but the presentation and the actors will be different. The quality of the production will be different. Therefore it is not a copy or even a remake of the show. Or like everyone says nowadays it is tribute to that show," he says with his signature smile.

SRK's Red Chillies' launched their TV department, Idiot Box, last year. Ghar Ki Baat comes under that wing. So will he look to further his kitty on television?

"We want to give cinematic value to television. Since we all are from films and all of these people have achieved expertise in their fields in the past 20 years, I think we can do it. Later on we will also attempt to give shows like 24, Heroes and Desperate Housewives and some reality shows too. We will try to present whatever is great."

Who decided this title and why?

"It was entirely creative team's decision. I personally like a comedy and this show will show the routine life of these families but with a comedy flavour and that is why we decided to have this title. It will have both comedy and family drama too! So this name comes naturally like arre yeh toh ghar ki hi baat hai. The other title was Devdas Ki Maut, lekin woh suit nahi hua," he says with a laugh.

So will this show have his ghar ki baatein?

"TV mein itna paisa nahi hai ke woh mere ghar ke jaisa set bana sake," laughs SRK, "It will have routine incidents like we forget anniversaries. The first episode will start with that. Though I never forget my marriage anniversary, I keep 6 reminders for that. But like what happens when neighbours come to our place or when we go to a salon…it has all these elements of life but with namak and mirch. There is this little boy in this show and I also have son like him so those naughty stories are surely there which my kid also does all the time."

What creative input will you give?

"We actors are already infamous for changing the scripts of the films. I will not interfere in that field but yes I am good at marketing so I will take care of that part of the show. Further Anant and Aziz know very well what to do. However now I will have 8 weeks free so I will surely participate in creative discussions because it is fun and it helps to flesh out stories."

The show premieres on Friday at 9.30 pm.


Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Disclaimer: srkdailynews.blogspot.com is an unofficial blog with no affiliation with Shahrukh Khan. All images are © to their respective owners. This blog was made for entertainment purpose only. I do not know Shahrukh Khan, his family, his mobile number, his postal address or his email address, so please do not ask. Thank You.